Skip to main content

Our day at Kidzania.

Hello there, we recently had a day out at Kidzania and thought I would write a little bit about our day and how it was.

Kidzania is an indoor fun reality learning experience for Children aged 4-14, a place where they can be the adults and be in charge and parents take a backseat for 4 hours. It's situated in Westfield shopping centre in west London although lots of them scattered across the world. They have over 60 activities to explore, a mixture of different professions to test their skills out on.
From working in a supermarket to working in a vault, from being a cleaner to working at a radio station, for the news or for a newspaper, being a paramedic, fire fighter or a police officer, to working as a vet to being a midwife looking after babies.  There is so much for them to do.

We live in Oxfordshire, it took us 2hours to get to Westfield shopping centre, we booked the car park the night before and got 20% off the ticket, we got the Kidzania tickets from a site called attractiontix for 2 adults and 2 children for £65 which is cheaper than £82 it would have cost online from kidzania's website and even more cheaper than buying on the door at Kidzania. You can leave your Children there and go shopping and have 4 hours kid free time (good if you live nearby) but we wanted to watch our girls have fun, and so we explored with them.
 You have to wear a tag bracelet, which means children can't leave without their parents and if parents go with them, there is a machine which you can connect your tag to see where abouts your Children are and what activities they have been doing. (only machine we saw wasn't working) There was a lot of staff walking about and talking to the Children and seeing if they needed help through out the day. 
Once you arrive you have to go through their airport themed check in, you (the Children) get given 50 kidzos to use to pay for things like the Cadburys exerience which cost 8 kidzos and they can spend them at the department store at the end of the day. You do jobs like fire fighter, police, paramedic, cleaner or work in a supermarket and many many more to earn the kidzo then you can open a bank account once you have 75 kidzo, if they keep their kidzo in their account until their next visit to kidzania the kidzo earns interest. We didn't do that, our Daughters spent theirs at the department store, which sells little things from pencils, rulers, bouncy balls and just little pocket money toys unless you've been several times and Children have saved and saved their kidzo then they could buy monopoly and other more expensive items. 


There was a theatre, where Children would be taught to do acts for visitors to the theatre could watch. We went and we watched Children perform magic tricks, amazing seeing kids have such confidence to perform infront of other guests.  

My Daughters worked for a cleaning company and cleaned windows, they worked in the Vault and went to companies to deliver money and had photo taken holding a gold bar (a photographer takes photos for you to then buy if you wish at the end of the day)  they worked in a supermarket and for a parcel delivery service.


They also worked in H&M as stylists and had to dress mannequins following instructions on paper that they were given. 

Adults have to wait outside while they do activities, they aren't allowed to wait in the queues for activities with the Children and once they are doing the activities parents have to watch through the windows, we tool this as coffee break (ha-ha) means mum's & Dad's can have a little sit down and wait.... that was a lot of little breaks for Mum & Dad which was actually really nice to just sit back and enjoy watching Our girls having fun and doing lots of activities, learning about different types of jobs.

There was a place upstairs for adults to chill while kids had fun, we didn't go there though as we just sat on benches or outside the coffee shop. There was a couple of places to get lunch, we didn't eat there as our girls just wanted a snack so they had a cookie from the coffee shop, they had a meal deal from boots after and sat in a seating area in the shopping centre to eat once we had finished at kidzania.

Our girls learned about where chocolate comes from and how it is made at the Cadburys place, they paid about 8 kidzo for this I think and the only activity they paid for. They got to make a chocolate bar, they were given a voucher for a chocolate, then they got given a little chocolate at the end of the day as we left.

They worked in a supermarket, on the till, and replenishing the shelves and then got to go shopping themselves.


My Daughters queued a lot for some activities (30mins for cadburys) as it was very busy so sadly didn't get to do as much as they wanted to do, but we plan on going again as they both enjoyed it so much and they want their big brother to go n3xt time (Good luck girls) my Daughters are 9 & 11, I would have loved to have gone to something like this when I was a kid, it was a really fun day out. We will be going back again sometime next year. Educational & Very fun.

We left kidzania at 2.30pm (were there from 10am, arrived at shopping centre at 9.30am) we then took the tube from shepherds Bush and went to Harrods, Harvey Nicks and little walk around then dinner at a pub in Leicester square before going back to the car park and driving home. 

Thank you for reading
Any questions I will do my best to answer them for you. 


Ta ta for now

J x












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober #4

Giving birth to a huge baby. Day 4 of  Blogtober I thought in today's post I would write about the birth of my youngest child (now 10 years old) Isabella, she was a hefty weight, not at all your average baby weight, although I have heard of much bigger babies being born (my eyes sting at that thought) so here is my story of how my beautiful little girl entered the world. Before I begin, I would like to say that I kept telling midwives I was carrying an elephant inside me, they would say she is only going to be about 1 lb bigger than my older two children's birth weights (8lb 6oz & 8lb 7oz) I had SPD (where the ligaments over stretch in the pelvis, causing a lot of pain) I was depressed as I could hardly do anything, the pain was immense, I used to cry whenever I needed to get up out of my bed to go to the loo, (which was often, babies like using our bladder as a trampoline) I would literally crawl to the bathroom, the midwives just said they couldn't

Blogtober fail!

I failed! I am so very sorry, I have completely failed at blogtober, I was so determined to do it, but so not prepared, I had technology issues and Wi-Fi (changed provider) being down, and thinking I can easily write a post each day, add in a college course and a family & home to take care of, I failed, and I am so very sorry to all of you for that, next year I shall be prepared, I shall be organised as I have learned so much from other bloggers and from myself so next time I shall have most of it written and ready to go, instead of writing on the day. Makes sense really doesn't it? I haven't been blogging long and it really shows with this, although this is how you learn to do things, from mistakes and advice. I just want to say a big thank you for your kind messages checking if I am ok, for your patience and understanding over me not uploading new blogtober posts, big thank you for reading my previous posts and I will be posting more posts just not daily at t

Blogtober #5

Harvest festival. Today I was inspired to write this post, as tomorrow Isabella's (Daughter) school is having a harvest festival assembly, so I was inspired to talk to you about food banks. Food banks are so essential for so many people, more than you could imagine have to use them, people who you would assume would have a good wage coming in from their jobs like Nurses for instance, so many Nurses are struggling to make ends meet, it is so heartbreaking that such kind, caring and selfless people like Nurses are struggling as much as they do, also hard working families who are working so much to the point of exhaustion, yet sadly struggle to get by once bills are paid, parents going hungry to make sure their children get a meal, its a desperate time for a lot of people, and not just around harvest festival and Christmas time, this is every day of every week. This is where you, me and anyone else out there can help, there are so many food bank collections out ther