Skip to main content

Godiva music festival.

Hello, hope your Monday is going well, the sun has his hat on here in Oxfordshire. Hope it lasts.

We found out about a FREE music festival a few months back, so we thought we would give it ago. It was on the 7th, 8th and 9th of July in Coventry (UK) at their War memorial park. Parking was also free. It took us about 1hr to get there and about 20mins to drive through the park and park up.

We went on the Friday and the Saturday, on the Friday the Stranglers were playing, blast from my Childhood as My late Dad was into them and to see them play live wad just amazing, so full of  emotions as made me think so much of my Dad and how much I miss him but they were brilliant, we all really enjoyed yourselves.

There were different tents like a comedy tent, silent disco. There was a tent with local bands playing and then there was the main stage, I can only think of the Stranglers, The Amazon's and Example played on the main stage, on the Sunday the Darkness played and many many more that I can't remember the names of.
There were several different food trucks from pizza to noodles to burgers & hotdogs to burritos and crepes and even a little vintage tea shop selling the most wonderful handmade slices of cake, cream & jam scones and teas, coffees and hot chocolate with all the trimmings. Also an amazing handmade ice cream stand. I had a hazelnut and chocolate ice cream in a cone. Yum.

There was also lots of vintage stools, and what my Children call hippy stools (which they loved) full of little dream catchers and beautiful colourful elephant keyrings, steam punk hats & glasses, inscence burners and beautiful painted skulls.


There was a fairground, and a family area with a tent with different eco friendly companies within showing us all about their company, and inside here was a stool showing off bees their honey and beeswax candles. My children tried different types of honey made by local bees. They got to see some bees and they loved this.
There was a craft tent and a circus area, where my Children spent an hour clowning around in. Also a stage with different entertainment for the Children, there were loads of different charity stools which my girls kept going to and playing tombola on and won an inflatable giraffe and dolphin, light up wands amongst other bits. There was even a petting zoo.

We took a picnic and relaxed, soaking up the many things we could see and do it was an amazing weekend. The atmosphere was amazing and we all loved seeing Example play, he was awesome. My Daughter made a windmill in the craft tent, there was lots of different things to make and no limit on how many thing you could make.


We are really excited about doing this again (hopefully) next year, so much fun was had by all and I would highly recommend this festival, best free music festival we have been to so far.


Drinks, food and pocket money for kids did all add up but we had a budget and our kids knew we had to stick by it for both days that we went. They had their own pocket money to spend and so my Daughter G got henna done on her hand and my other Daughter got a dream catcher & an elephant keyring (her favourite animal) and my Son kept his money and saved for a game he wanted.


Thank you Godiva it was the most amazing weekend. Let me know if you have been and what you thought of it, I would love to hear what you think.

   
                      Ta ta for now
              Thank you for reading.

                               J x

               





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober #4

Giving birth to a huge baby. Day 4 of  Blogtober I thought in today's post I would write about the birth of my youngest child (now 10 years old) Isabella, she was a hefty weight, not at all your average baby weight, although I have heard of much bigger babies being born (my eyes sting at that thought) so here is my story of how my beautiful little girl entered the world. Before I begin, I would like to say that I kept telling midwives I was carrying an elephant inside me, they would say she is only going to be about 1 lb bigger than my older two children's birth weights (8lb 6oz & 8lb 7oz) I had SPD (where the ligaments over stretch in the pelvis, causing a lot of pain) I was depressed as I could hardly do anything, the pain was immense, I used to cry whenever I needed to get up out of my bed to go to the loo, (which was often, babies like using our bladder as a trampoline) I would literally crawl to the bathroom, the midwives just said they couldn't

Blogtober fail!

I failed! I am so very sorry, I have completely failed at blogtober, I was so determined to do it, but so not prepared, I had technology issues and Wi-Fi (changed provider) being down, and thinking I can easily write a post each day, add in a college course and a family & home to take care of, I failed, and I am so very sorry to all of you for that, next year I shall be prepared, I shall be organised as I have learned so much from other bloggers and from myself so next time I shall have most of it written and ready to go, instead of writing on the day. Makes sense really doesn't it? I haven't been blogging long and it really shows with this, although this is how you learn to do things, from mistakes and advice. I just want to say a big thank you for your kind messages checking if I am ok, for your patience and understanding over me not uploading new blogtober posts, big thank you for reading my previous posts and I will be posting more posts just not daily at t

Blogtober #5

Harvest festival. Today I was inspired to write this post, as tomorrow Isabella's (Daughter) school is having a harvest festival assembly, so I was inspired to talk to you about food banks. Food banks are so essential for so many people, more than you could imagine have to use them, people who you would assume would have a good wage coming in from their jobs like Nurses for instance, so many Nurses are struggling to make ends meet, it is so heartbreaking that such kind, caring and selfless people like Nurses are struggling as much as they do, also hard working families who are working so much to the point of exhaustion, yet sadly struggle to get by once bills are paid, parents going hungry to make sure their children get a meal, its a desperate time for a lot of people, and not just around harvest festival and Christmas time, this is every day of every week. This is where you, me and anyone else out there can help, there are so many food bank collections out ther