Skip to main content

Blogtober #5

Harvest festival.


Today I was inspired to write this post, as tomorrow Isabella's (Daughter) school is having a harvest festival assembly, so I was inspired to talk to you about food banks.

Food banks are so essential for so many people, more than you could imagine have to use them, people who you would assume would have a good wage coming in from their jobs like Nurses for instance, so many Nurses are struggling to make ends meet, it is so heartbreaking that such kind, caring and selfless people like Nurses are struggling as much as they do, also hard working families who are working so much to the point of exhaustion, yet sadly struggle to get by once bills are paid, parents going hungry to make sure their children get a meal, its a desperate time for a lot of people, and not just around harvest festival and Christmas time, this is every day of every week.


This is where you, me and anyone else out there can help, there are so many food bank collections out there in supermarkets, churches, community centres and town halls, if we all took a couple of items down a week to our local food bank collection then so many people won't go hungry.

These are the sort of items I give to collections for food banks.

Porridge oats, uht milk, biscuits, Tinned produce like vegetables, fruit, potatoes, soup, beans and spaghetti, also custard (you can get that in cartons too) dry foods like lentils, pasta and rice. also some food banks also take tooth paste, tooth brushes and soap, as well as nappies, sanitary products and nappies & wet wipes. some also take fresh fruit and vegetables if you are donating on the day they give out the donations.

It really doesn't cost much to buy a couple of tins of soup, or a bag of porridge and some uht milk, so next time you go shopping (if you have enough money yourself) add a couple of products for someone in need, we all get busy, we all just want to get the shopping done and get home and forget that there is so many out there that would do anything to have a decent meal for breakfast and dinner.

Do you know of any other products that would be good to add to food banks? have you ever needed to use one? perhaps you help out with the donating, or maybe you are in need of a food bank, if so check out your local churches and community centres, don't ever be ashamed or embarrassed, we all need help at some point in our lives.

Thank you for reading 

Ta ta for now

J x

Comments

Britt K said…
It's so true - it doesn't cost much to pick up a few extra little things each time you go grocery shopping, but it can change the lives of someone in need.
Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca
Mishi Rowland said…

I like your writing style and I promise to come again. My expertise is in the areas of Rubber Matting-Gym Mats-Stable Mats. I appreciate your efforts.
womens new in fashion supplier uk

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober #4

Giving birth to a huge baby. Day 4 of  Blogtober I thought in today's post I would write about the birth of my youngest child (now 10 years old) Isabella, she was a hefty weight, not at all your average baby weight, although I have heard of much bigger babies being born (my eyes sting at that thought) so here is my story of how my beautiful little girl entered the world. Before I begin, I would like to say that I kept telling midwives I was carrying an elephant inside me, they would say she is only going to be about 1 lb bigger than my older two children's birth weights (8lb 6oz & 8lb 7oz) I had SPD (where the ligaments over stretch in the pelvis, causing a lot of pain) I was depressed as I could hardly do anything, the pain was immense, I used to cry whenever I needed to get up out of my bed to go to the loo, (which was often, babies like using our bladder as a trampoline) I would literally crawl to the bathroom, the midwives just said they couldn't

Blogtober fail!

I failed! I am so very sorry, I have completely failed at blogtober, I was so determined to do it, but so not prepared, I had technology issues and Wi-Fi (changed provider) being down, and thinking I can easily write a post each day, add in a college course and a family & home to take care of, I failed, and I am so very sorry to all of you for that, next year I shall be prepared, I shall be organised as I have learned so much from other bloggers and from myself so next time I shall have most of it written and ready to go, instead of writing on the day. Makes sense really doesn't it? I haven't been blogging long and it really shows with this, although this is how you learn to do things, from mistakes and advice. I just want to say a big thank you for your kind messages checking if I am ok, for your patience and understanding over me not uploading new blogtober posts, big thank you for reading my previous posts and I will be posting more posts just not daily at t