Skip to main content

My highstreet beauty haul.

Hello there, thought I would share my most recent highstreet/drugstore beauty haul with you, and my thoughts on each item.

First of all I have the I ❤ make up Golden bar eyeshadow pallete. Link to golden bar.


I fell in love with the packaging on this, not ashamed to say that's what got me to buy it.
I am not a huge fan of the colours in the pallete although I do use a few of the colours as you can tell from the photo, but I am trying out new looks so may end up loving some of the ones I don't really like right now. 
This pallete is all shimmers, So it's not a pallete you can use as a main pallete, I have other older palletes with mattes in them I use with this. The pigment is really good for such a budget price of £8.99 and I've seen reviews of these palletes on YouTube comparing them to the Too Faced chocolate palletes and they did amazingly next to them, so I feel I have really got a bargain. I can't afford to spend £40+ on eyeshadows when I have three kids and a home to run, so this is more for me (although I would love them for Christmas, hint hint to my family, ha ha) I really love the cream colour in this pallete, perfect for inner corner of eye and highlighting brow bone. This pallete is worth the money, just not my go to pallete because of it only being shimmers.

Another pallete and this one I love so much, this one is my go to pallete, highly recommend this one. The I ❤ make up Naked chocolate. Link to Naked Chocolate.

This pallete is perfect for the more nude, lighter and natural looks, I am so in love with this and use this pallete most of the time now, even better than my Boots No7 palletes. This was £7.99 and what an absolute bargain. This has a mixture of both shimmers and mattes which is why it's my perfect pallete, the pigment is really good and again gets really good reviews and also compared next to the higher end brands, I can't compare myself but from using this one I can say it's worth every penny and more, it blends well, and the shimmers aren't too over powering on the shimmering so it's perfect for every day looks, night to day. The packaging is just so cute, chocoholic here so I'm loving the packaging.

These palletes were designed and developed in London by TamBeauty, 16 shadows in each and 22g in each pallete. INGREDIENTS: Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Dimethicone,
Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfume, [+/-: CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 15850, CI 16035, CI 77742]

Tambeauty state that they are 100% cruelty free, no animal testing.

Next product I am loving is the Rimmel wake me up foundation, I've recently gone back to this product after trying a few others, I really loved this foundation as it offers a lot of coverage without feeling too thick and heavy on my face, it blends well and doesn't have a strong smell like some of the highstreet foundations do. This just wins for me so gone back to using it again. This was £8.99 from boots.Wake me up foundation. Link.


This is what they say about it on Boots, Introducing Rimmel Wake Me Up, our first makeup that instantly reawakens skin with a healthy, radiant glow and minimizes premature skin ageing.

A light, smooth texture for natural, 100% poreless coverage instantly eliminates signs of tiredness and lifts skin from fatigue. Radiance pearls illuminate for a healthy, radiant glow. Flawless natural finish. Peptides increase elasticity so skin recovers and bounces back more quickly. SPF 15 protects.

Wake up and glow!

I feel it does make me feel fresher, especially as a Mum with insomnia, I am often looking and feeling pretty fatigued but this foundation does the trick at making me feel fresher and looking it too. It was £8.99 which I think is a brilliant buy. 


Another product is the Rimmel wake me up concealer. Wake me up concealer.  I'm not 100% sure on this product, I like it but I don't feel like it's giving me full coverage like it states it does, could be me just having really dark circles, as when using everywhere else I put concealer it does a good job, just feel I need to put more on under eyes but then it creases, so for under eyes it's not a concealer for me, but for hiding some redness around nose and using to highlight it does a good job.  This was £5.49 from Boots. Think I got this on a 3 for 2 offer. 
This is what boots say about this product. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is our first full coverage concealer that visibly reawakens and illuminates under the eyes. Completely conceals spots and other blemishes. Instant anti-fatigue effect. 

The hunt is on to find the perfect concealer for under my eyes.

Another Rimmel product I have recently tried is the Rimmel fix and perfect pro primer. Link to primer.

I have rather large pores and so I need a good primer for my foundation and this is brilliant for me, my make up lasts all day and my pores visibility is reduced dramatically, absolutely love this product and would highly recommend this primer. It's creamy and has a fresh moisturiser smell to it. It was £6.99 from Boots, very good price, I have had much more expensive primers that haven't come close to how good this one is for my skin. 
What boots say about this product, Unique advanced formula Foundation glides on more smoothly, more evenly and wears longer.

Or wear alone for an all-day fresh and even complexion

Smoothes to minimize pores

Resurfaces for an even complexion

Brightens skin all day

Mattifies and eliminates shine

Protects skin from environmental aggressor

I think they've hit the nail on the head with this tbh it really does do exactly that for my skin. Favourite primer so far. 

Last of the Rimmel products, I think there must have been offers on Rimmel the day I bought all these products (ha-ha) this is their 2 in 1 day 2 night mascara. Link to mascara






I am blessed with long eyelashes and this mascara has two wands, 1 for a day look, and 1 for a night look, I also wear glasses most of the time so I don't like my eyelashes to have much mascara on in the day so this is perfect for me, they lightly coat the lashes with the smaller wand and for nights out I can add a couple of coats of the night wand for more dramatic lashes. Perfect everyday mascara with added benefit of having another wand for bigger fuller lashes. Not my favourite mascara of all time (too faced, better than sex) but for a high street mascara for everyday make up, This wins for me. The mascara goes on well, no clumps and separates my lashes evenly. I love how light the day one is, you can add another coat but I prefer just the one. This product was £7.99 from Boots. 


I also bought some Real techniques brushes on offer in Boots at £10.99 a set, retail at £22.99 usually so that was an absolute bargain, and they are amazing, My favourite brushes I needed new brushes and I knew these were good brushes as I own some of their Brushed metals brushes. I love these brushes so much. I highly recommend them, even more so if you can get them when they are on offer. 
They come with pots to put them in on your dressing table too. Perfect. They are so soft and apply and blend to perfection! Enhanced eye set. Link. Plus the Flawless base set. Link.




Well that's it for my haul & thoughts, hope I've given enough info on each product and if there is anything you want to know that I haven't covered on any of the products then leave me a comment and I will try my best to answer them.

                   Thank you for reading

                          Ta ta for now

                                    J x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober #4

Giving birth to a huge baby. Day 4 of  Blogtober I thought in today's post I would write about the birth of my youngest child (now 10 years old) Isabella, she was a hefty weight, not at all your average baby weight, although I have heard of much bigger babies being born (my eyes sting at that thought) so here is my story of how my beautiful little girl entered the world. Before I begin, I would like to say that I kept telling midwives I was carrying an elephant inside me, they would say she is only going to be about 1 lb bigger than my older two children's birth weights (8lb 6oz & 8lb 7oz) I had SPD (where the ligaments over stretch in the pelvis, causing a lot of pain) I was depressed as I could hardly do anything, the pain was immense, I used to cry whenever I needed to get up out of my bed to go to the loo, (which was often, babies like using our bladder as a trampoline) I would literally crawl to the bathroom, the midwives just said they couldn't

Blogtober fail!

I failed! I am so very sorry, I have completely failed at blogtober, I was so determined to do it, but so not prepared, I had technology issues and Wi-Fi (changed provider) being down, and thinking I can easily write a post each day, add in a college course and a family & home to take care of, I failed, and I am so very sorry to all of you for that, next year I shall be prepared, I shall be organised as I have learned so much from other bloggers and from myself so next time I shall have most of it written and ready to go, instead of writing on the day. Makes sense really doesn't it? I haven't been blogging long and it really shows with this, although this is how you learn to do things, from mistakes and advice. I just want to say a big thank you for your kind messages checking if I am ok, for your patience and understanding over me not uploading new blogtober posts, big thank you for reading my previous posts and I will be posting more posts just not daily at t

Blogtober #5

Harvest festival. Today I was inspired to write this post, as tomorrow Isabella's (Daughter) school is having a harvest festival assembly, so I was inspired to talk to you about food banks. Food banks are so essential for so many people, more than you could imagine have to use them, people who you would assume would have a good wage coming in from their jobs like Nurses for instance, so many Nurses are struggling to make ends meet, it is so heartbreaking that such kind, caring and selfless people like Nurses are struggling as much as they do, also hard working families who are working so much to the point of exhaustion, yet sadly struggle to get by once bills are paid, parents going hungry to make sure their children get a meal, its a desperate time for a lot of people, and not just around harvest festival and Christmas time, this is every day of every week. This is where you, me and anyone else out there can help, there are so many food bank collections out ther