Skip to main content

London day out with the kids.

Hello there, we took a trip to London.

I'm sat here listening to absolute 80's (cruel summer is on right now) so I thought I would take this time out to write a blog post about our day out while listening to some music (love me some 80's tunes) as today is a chilled day at home.

Well it was more of a change of plans really, We were meant to be going to LEGOLAND but my Daughters really wanted to go to the Zoella, ThatcherJoe (bro & sis Zoe & Joe sugg, sugglife) and pointless blog aka Alfie Deyes (zoe's boyfriend, they are all youtubers, my girls are obsessed) collab merch pop up shop (in Covent garden) so we changed plans and went to London instead. It opened on Wednesday 23rd August until 3rd September and so Friday 25th Aug was the only day we could get to London as a Family, so off we went.

We got up at 6.30am had breakfast, meltdowns over what to wear (incase they saw their idols) finally got out the house an hour later than I had planned (ahhh kids) then started our drive to West London to the car park we knew was cheap and safe (Westfield shopping centre, shepherds Bush, £8 all day) the drive was lovely, sun was shining, music and singing from all, and I made up a car game where the kids keep a score on how many times Daddy got road rage, strangely not once but could tell he was twitching a few times which made us all laugh and kept the kiddies amused, if you knew how much he gets annoyed at people on the motorway using the lanes wrong, you would really understand out amusement (he-he) we didn't get stuck in much traffic until we arrived near Westfield so the drive only took us 1.5hrs to get there, from Oxfordshire.

Once we parked up and walked to Sheperds bush tube station, topped up our oyster cards (£50 odd for us 5) our youngest started freaking out about the tube, (she doesn't like escalators, she fell on one in m&s when little & now has a fear) so instead we jumped on a bus (not literally I must add, I don't think I could physically do tha without hurting myself) and set off for our adventure, we went to Covent garden to find this #SLxPB pop up shop, my Daughters were so excited, we queued for about 1hr 30mins in the queue for the queue for the shop (yes a queue for the next queue to get into the shop, us British love a queue.) We chatted with other parents, had people asking what was going on & why such a big queue of people,  We finally got into the shop, it was full of excited Children and their awesome amazing parents and a couple of young adults excited to be there in their idols merch shop, the place was buzzing from all of their excitement. The staff were good, and my Daughters chose their hoodies & phone case and off we went to pay, my Daughters looked at each other with huge happy faces which I thought was down to the happiness of getting their merch (it was) but after we left the shop they told me Ange who is often in Zoella's YouTube videos (vlogs, think she is Zoella's PA) served them so they were really happy about that, Sadly didn't see Zoe, Joe or Alfie at the shop, but the girls found out later that day that they went just before the shop closed, We were there in the queue at 11.30am so was in and out around lunch time, such a shame.


We then went to Trafalgar square watched some street entertainers, I got a hug from a minion (London is random) and we sat and had a picnic in the sunshine.


After our picnic we went to the legostore in Leicester square, had a little wait to get into the shop as it was busy but we were chatting to a lovely man who worked there, talking about the #SLxPB shop and what the kids thought. We then got into the shop and we loved it, So much to see, amazing displays and photo props and upstairs the kids can play with the Lego & duplo, we had a blast, my Son made some Lego figures to buy (£4.99 for 3) you get to pick what you want for each figure (although a limit on each item) my girls made some but not to buy. The kiddies had a lot of fun as did we (big kids) then we went to m&m world across from the Legostore.








M&M world is 4 floors of m&m merch and  have a pick'n'mix of different flavours/types, sadly they dont sell the American flavours (that would be awesome) but kids all had fun picking some each, it cost £13 for about a sandwich bag full (ouch) but it's a treat that doesn't happen very often (that's how I will justify it) we have been here before but it was so busy we didn't notice that there was even more to the shop on the 3rd floor.
They sell everything from mugs, plates and drink bottles, clothing to magnets & keyrings to luxury items like bling (Swarovski crystal?cosmetic mirrors & a very expensive Swarovski crystal leather jacket, and lots of collectable bits'n'bobs like ornaments and even Christmas tree ornaments.




We had a lovely rest in the shade in Leicester square before going for dinner, just playing and enjoying the lush summer weather (its been a while) listening to street entertainers and watching everyone enjoy themselves. 

Dinner, We tried to go a pub up the road, which was a Wetherspoons pub called The Montagu Pyke but sadly it was too busy and nowhere for us sit so we left to find somewhere else to feed our brood. After a lot of trying to decide what to eat we Googled and found a place nearby called Bodeons BBQ grill and so we all went to try that out, we got told by the waitress that there was a 20min wait and within 5mins we were seated (awsome) and 4 of us ordered the soho pulled pork sandwich & chips and my youngest ordered a chicken & bacon burger with chips. It was lovely and they even had A&W root beer (love me some root beer) the kids all enjoyed their meals as did we, apparently the soho pulled pork sandwich was voted best sandwich in London by capital radio, I can say it was amazing and so filling. 
By the time we had finished we were all exausted and needed to get back to the car so off we went to get bus back to Westfield shopping centre to the car to drive home. 
Within minutes of driving home, our youngest was fast asleep (bless her) the drive home was quiet and it was a lovely evening to drive.

On our walk to the bus stop we went past an American sweet shop on Oxford street so we let the kiddies pick 1 thing each and they all picked something they would all like to share, team work at it's best (ha-ha) they picked sour hard jolly ranchers, birthday cake flipz and birthday cake oreos. £19.97 (ouch) for 3 items, the Oreos alone was £9.99. Nothing had a price on and after the 3rd time asking how much things were I just let them get what they all decided on. 


Well that's it to our day out, sorry for the essay (oops) if you read this to the end, thank you so much help yourself to a virtual cookie!! 

Much love to you all!!

Ta ta for now

J x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober #4

Giving birth to a huge baby. Day 4 of  Blogtober I thought in today's post I would write about the birth of my youngest child (now 10 years old) Isabella, she was a hefty weight, not at all your average baby weight, although I have heard of much bigger babies being born (my eyes sting at that thought) so here is my story of how my beautiful little girl entered the world. Before I begin, I would like to say that I kept telling midwives I was carrying an elephant inside me, they would say she is only going to be about 1 lb bigger than my older two children's birth weights (8lb 6oz & 8lb 7oz) I had SPD (where the ligaments over stretch in the pelvis, causing a lot of pain) I was depressed as I could hardly do anything, the pain was immense, I used to cry whenever I needed to get up out of my bed to go to the loo, (which was often, babies like using our bladder as a trampoline) I would literally crawl to the bathroom, the midwives just said they couldn't

Blogtober fail!

I failed! I am so very sorry, I have completely failed at blogtober, I was so determined to do it, but so not prepared, I had technology issues and Wi-Fi (changed provider) being down, and thinking I can easily write a post each day, add in a college course and a family & home to take care of, I failed, and I am so very sorry to all of you for that, next year I shall be prepared, I shall be organised as I have learned so much from other bloggers and from myself so next time I shall have most of it written and ready to go, instead of writing on the day. Makes sense really doesn't it? I haven't been blogging long and it really shows with this, although this is how you learn to do things, from mistakes and advice. I just want to say a big thank you for your kind messages checking if I am ok, for your patience and understanding over me not uploading new blogtober posts, big thank you for reading my previous posts and I will be posting more posts just not daily at t

Blogtober #5

Harvest festival. Today I was inspired to write this post, as tomorrow Isabella's (Daughter) school is having a harvest festival assembly, so I was inspired to talk to you about food banks. Food banks are so essential for so many people, more than you could imagine have to use them, people who you would assume would have a good wage coming in from their jobs like Nurses for instance, so many Nurses are struggling to make ends meet, it is so heartbreaking that such kind, caring and selfless people like Nurses are struggling as much as they do, also hard working families who are working so much to the point of exhaustion, yet sadly struggle to get by once bills are paid, parents going hungry to make sure their children get a meal, its a desperate time for a lot of people, and not just around harvest festival and Christmas time, this is every day of every week. This is where you, me and anyone else out there can help, there are so many food bank collections out ther