Skip to main content

Back to school, update.

Hello there,

Just a quick post to say that all went well with my Daughter Georgina's first day (wednesday) at secondary school, She has had a good 3 days there this week. She has been rather tired (not surprised) and a little ratty the closer it got to bedtime but she's come home happy and says she's had a reallt great day and enjoying it.. phew.
She has made a few new friends and has been leaving early each morning so she can meet up with her friends, then they all walk together (about a mile walk), I was so worried about how she would settle as it's such a big change from primary school.

Do you have children starting big school? If so please let me know in the comments how they got on, I would love to read it, or perhaps they have just started a new school or started reception class, were you nervous and anxious for them? I was a mixed bag of emotions but seeing how happy and settled Georgina is makes me feel so happy for her and I can relax knowing all is good.

My Son has settled back into school well, now in yr9, he has a funeral next week to sing at (school choir) and an award ceremony to sing at too so he will be extra busy at school next week learning hymns and songs.

My youngest started yr5 and her Teacher has been so pleased at how helpful she has been and how hard she has worked. Well done and Keep up the good work Isabella.
Isabella walking to school. Seems so strange only having one Child at primary school.


I really hope everyone is settling into school, college and uni ok, change can be very daunting but once you settle there will be no stopping you, good luck in all your adventures.

I have been working on my CV trying to make it stand out with a wow factor to it, not been as easy as I thought, but I think I've nailed it now, and lots of jobs applied for so I have also been busy filling lots of online application forms out, some of them are questionnaires that seem to never end but it'll be worth it all in the end.

Hope your week has been good? Yay for the weekend!! Have plenty of fun.

Thank you for reading

Ta ta for now

J x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober #4

Giving birth to a huge baby. Day 4 of  Blogtober I thought in today's post I would write about the birth of my youngest child (now 10 years old) Isabella, she was a hefty weight, not at all your average baby weight, although I have heard of much bigger babies being born (my eyes sting at that thought) so here is my story of how my beautiful little girl entered the world. Before I begin, I would like to say that I kept telling midwives I was carrying an elephant inside me, they would say she is only going to be about 1 lb bigger than my older two children's birth weights (8lb 6oz & 8lb 7oz) I had SPD (where the ligaments over stretch in the pelvis, causing a lot of pain) I was depressed as I could hardly do anything, the pain was immense, I used to cry whenever I needed to get up out of my bed to go to the loo, (which was often, babies like using our bladder as a trampoline) I would literally crawl to the bathroom, the midwives just said they couldn't

Blogtober fail!

I failed! I am so very sorry, I have completely failed at blogtober, I was so determined to do it, but so not prepared, I had technology issues and Wi-Fi (changed provider) being down, and thinking I can easily write a post each day, add in a college course and a family & home to take care of, I failed, and I am so very sorry to all of you for that, next year I shall be prepared, I shall be organised as I have learned so much from other bloggers and from myself so next time I shall have most of it written and ready to go, instead of writing on the day. Makes sense really doesn't it? I haven't been blogging long and it really shows with this, although this is how you learn to do things, from mistakes and advice. I just want to say a big thank you for your kind messages checking if I am ok, for your patience and understanding over me not uploading new blogtober posts, big thank you for reading my previous posts and I will be posting more posts just not daily at t

Blogtober #5

Harvest festival. Today I was inspired to write this post, as tomorrow Isabella's (Daughter) school is having a harvest festival assembly, so I was inspired to talk to you about food banks. Food banks are so essential for so many people, more than you could imagine have to use them, people who you would assume would have a good wage coming in from their jobs like Nurses for instance, so many Nurses are struggling to make ends meet, it is so heartbreaking that such kind, caring and selfless people like Nurses are struggling as much as they do, also hard working families who are working so much to the point of exhaustion, yet sadly struggle to get by once bills are paid, parents going hungry to make sure their children get a meal, its a desperate time for a lot of people, and not just around harvest festival and Christmas time, this is every day of every week. This is where you, me and anyone else out there can help, there are so many food bank collections out ther