Skip to main content

10 reasons I love Autumn.

Hello there,

How are you all doing? I hope everyone is doing well.

As Autumn is fast approaching, I thought I would share a list of reasons why I love Autumn, Autumn is my favourite Season, so so many reasons why I am absolutely in love with all that it brings, from crunchy leaves, to the musky smell in the crisp air. Here is my list of reasons.


1: The colourful strolls through parks and woodland areas, the variety of orange, reds, browns and greens, sunshine sneaking through the trees. Stunning and beautiful.
This beautiful stock photo is by George Becker.


2: Halloween, carving pumpkins with my kiddies, finding costumes for 'Trick or Treating', buying treats and seeing all the kiddies dressed up, Halloween parties, seeing all the houses decorated all spooky and creepy. Baking Halloween treats with my kiddies.
My kiddies Pumpkins from last year.

My Children all dressed up for Halloween.


3: The smell of the musky dry leaves in the crisp morning air, especially if there is a little breeze, peoples coal fires and wood burners fill the air with the smell of open fires, love it.

4: Kicking leaves, trowing leaves, rolling around in the huge mountain of leaves we make (making sure no animal poop is within the piles, nobody wants poop on them) or seeing who can make the biggest mountain.

5: Fireworks night. wrapping up warm with our hats, gloves and scarves and going to firework displays, our favourite place to go has fair rides, candyfloss and toffee apples, bonfire burning and kiddies all excited and having fun. The display is always spectacular.


6: Boots and chunky knits, love my cardigans and boots, I'm not that fussed on shoes but I am obsessed with boots.

7: Hot chocolate, we love to snuggle up with a hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, we love to get a mixture of sachets from a brand called Options, they do flavours such as orange, mint, white chocolate and milk chocolate. We get ours from Tesco, Salted Caramel is my favourite. Options hot chocolate sachets.

My Daughter a few years ago, she would always want hot chocolate & to watch the wizard of oz, every day after nursery for months.


8: Harvest festival, pulling together and giving help to the less fortunate, singing hymns, another way that Children are learning the importance of helping others and showing kindness, whats not to love?

9: Half term, I love having my Children home for the school holidays and the quality family time together.

10: Cooking with my slow cooker, it gets put away in Spring and Summer and comes out for Autumn and Winter. I make pulled pork, Irish stew, sausage casserole and chilli, as well as many other family favourites. love jacket spuds with chilli and salad, one of my favourite Autumn meals. also cooked breakfasts.



What is your favourite season? and what do you love about it?

Thank you for reading, please leave me comments on what you love about your favourite season, I would love to read them.

I shall leave you with this poem my 9yr old Daughter Isabella wrote last year. I love this so much and she hardly needed any help at all, so proud.





Ta ta for now

J x

Comments

Mel said…
I always forget about bon fire night and I am so excited for this year as my little daughter will actually be able to get involved this year! I love auturmn so much, my favorite time of year :)

Mel
~ www.lifewithmelly.co.uk ~
Janet May said…
Hi Mel, how exciting, Children make it even more fun, just like they do with Halloween, Christmas and Easter. Children make our lives so much fun. Have a wonderful autumn with your little girl and thank you for commenting 😙

Much love Jx

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober #4

Giving birth to a huge baby. Day 4 of  Blogtober I thought in today's post I would write about the birth of my youngest child (now 10 years old) Isabella, she was a hefty weight, not at all your average baby weight, although I have heard of much bigger babies being born (my eyes sting at that thought) so here is my story of how my beautiful little girl entered the world. Before I begin, I would like to say that I kept telling midwives I was carrying an elephant inside me, they would say she is only going to be about 1 lb bigger than my older two children's birth weights (8lb 6oz & 8lb 7oz) I had SPD (where the ligaments over stretch in the pelvis, causing a lot of pain) I was depressed as I could hardly do anything, the pain was immense, I used to cry whenever I needed to get up out of my bed to go to the loo, (which was often, babies like using our bladder as a trampoline) I would literally crawl to the bathroom, the midwives just said they couldn't

Blogtober fail!

I failed! I am so very sorry, I have completely failed at blogtober, I was so determined to do it, but so not prepared, I had technology issues and Wi-Fi (changed provider) being down, and thinking I can easily write a post each day, add in a college course and a family & home to take care of, I failed, and I am so very sorry to all of you for that, next year I shall be prepared, I shall be organised as I have learned so much from other bloggers and from myself so next time I shall have most of it written and ready to go, instead of writing on the day. Makes sense really doesn't it? I haven't been blogging long and it really shows with this, although this is how you learn to do things, from mistakes and advice. I just want to say a big thank you for your kind messages checking if I am ok, for your patience and understanding over me not uploading new blogtober posts, big thank you for reading my previous posts and I will be posting more posts just not daily at t

Blogtober #5

Harvest festival. Today I was inspired to write this post, as tomorrow Isabella's (Daughter) school is having a harvest festival assembly, so I was inspired to talk to you about food banks. Food banks are so essential for so many people, more than you could imagine have to use them, people who you would assume would have a good wage coming in from their jobs like Nurses for instance, so many Nurses are struggling to make ends meet, it is so heartbreaking that such kind, caring and selfless people like Nurses are struggling as much as they do, also hard working families who are working so much to the point of exhaustion, yet sadly struggle to get by once bills are paid, parents going hungry to make sure their children get a meal, its a desperate time for a lot of people, and not just around harvest festival and Christmas time, this is every day of every week. This is where you, me and anyone else out there can help, there are so many food bank collections out ther