Skip to main content

My Autumn/fall plus size wishlist.

Hello there,

Autumn is upon us, and I love it. it's crisp air and the smell of peoples chimneys brings me joy, the leaves are falling and it is looking beautiful with the oranges and yellows of the leaves scattered around the trees, soon there will be blankets of leaves underneath the trees and I absolutely love it.

I thought I would do a wishlist of items I am desperate to add to my very small wardrobe (emphasis on the small please) I am a plus sized Mumma so shopping for clothes is so limited (that is my fault, and my problem) so buying online or venturing out of my town is pretty much the only way I can buy clothes, Asos, Yours clothing, Debenhams, Newlook and River Island I am loving at the moment. So here are my wishlist items.

Asos.

Fox dressing gown, I have no idea why we all associate foxes with Autumn (is it their colour?) but  we do, even though I see more foxes in the spring and summer than I do in the  Autumn, I think this is so cute, snuggly and fun. I love my pjs and dressing gowns, as soon as I get home from a long day it's the first thing I put on, my Children do the same.


This khaki parka coat is not something I would usually like, in fact when my Daughter Georgina asked for one similar to this one a couple of years ago, I really didn't like it, that was until I saw it on her with her skinny jeans, ankle boots and a chunky knit scarf, I totally loved that look on her, and now I am finding myself rooting for my own, similar to hers. This one I am loving and I love the lengh of parka coats and always plenty of room in them for chunky knit jumpers and cardigans.

            

                                   

I keep seeing this cactus blouse and I am so obsessed by it, it's so cute and fun.                           

No wardrobe is complete without a pair of ripped jeans, right? I don't like my jeans to have huge rips and holes in them, so these are just perfect for me.


I love my trainers and boots and these knit textured bow trainers are in the basket at Asos waiting for me. I love the style and the textures material, I think they would look so good teamed with a jumper and jeans. 

Chunky boots like these are a throw back for me, I had so many pairs similar to these in the 90's, being chunky myself, I prefer the chunky heels and these are almost flat so even better, they look so comfortable and comfort is the most important to me, comfortable they may be but these still make a statement.


New Look.


New Look have so many amazing things online at the moment, here is just a select few items I am loving.

Love the colour of this kimono and the fact it ties up too.
Link to kimono

Loving blouses and shirts for autumn, they are simple and look great paired with jeans and ankle boots or a pair of cute trainers (like the bow ones I posted from Asos.) It's a simple look, and I love it.

This simple white shirt with the embroidered flowers is beautiful.
Link to white floral shirt

I love wearing dresses, leggings and boots with a chunky knit cardigan, and to be honest I don't think I'd care if I end up being the only person who still wears that style of outfit, It's comfortable and I think it looks good on my figure, I'm 5ft 4" and on the larger scale of plus sized, so for me it's hard to flatter my shape, some looks just drown me and make me look more bulky and round looking, where as with this style of dress shows I do have a waist and and I can show off my legs in a more flattering way than with bare legs (which for me, looks awful) dark wool tights or 100 denier tights are also more flattering for my legs.




Loving all the embroidery, from jeans to boots, shirts to jackets, I love it. Again these are similar to things I had in my wardrobe in the 90's and I am loving that they are back.


Every wardrobe needs chunky knits at this time of year, It's getting colder and before I give in to the heating going on (No, please no heating just yet) I throw on a chunky knit and put my fluffy slippers on and snuggle under a throw, if we are still cold then the heating goes on. Chunky knits are perfect for those days that are too warm for a coat, you can just put on a chunky cardigan or jumper instead. 

More floral, am I turning mumsy? Oh well, I just love the florals. Tunics are perfect to pair with skinny jeans and boots. This one screams autumnal to me, love the rusty red colour of this tunic.

Chunky knits that will go with almost everything is crucial to me, I don't always get time to really think about what to wear and so this cable knit cardigan will go almost with everything I own, dresses, jeans & shirts. Just grab and go.

Boots are my obsession, I see people posting photos of their shoe collection, with their Jimmy choos, Versace and many other luxurious shoes and I am here thinking "where are the boots?" I don't care for designer shoes but give me a photo with beautiful boots, in many colours and styles and I will be drooling, (well not literally, that's a bit weird.) I could only dream of a wardrobe filled with boots, I have about 5 pairs and I am rooting for more, and these ones I especially.

I love the buckles and the colour of these. I have seen this style in Primark recently.
Link to burgundy boots.

Can't go wrong with a pair of Chelsea boots, right? 

I love a good pair of brown boots and mine from last year are still going strong, but mine are more calf boots, these ankle boots look so comfortable.

Yours Clothing.

Yours Clothing haven't had much online that I've liked recently, in fact I think it has been a good couple of years since I have wanted a lot of their items, until now. I have such a huge basket of items I want to get on their site, they are really nailing it at the moment with their star prints and monochrome looks, rock chic and dark florals. Here is a few items from my huge wishlist of items from Yours Clothing. 

Longline shirts, perfect paired with skinny jeans or treggings. I am particularly loving the stripes, I've always been told to stay away from them but stripes like these are actually flattering on plus sized women. Just be careful and make sure it's vertical stripes for shirts like these, horizontal usually makes you look bigger and highlights the areas you would rather hide. 

Check oversized shirts will also go well teamed up with skinny jeans, treggings, jeggings or leggings. 
More longline blouses, from embroidered to stripes.

Star prints seem to be a big look this autumn, this T-shirt dress is another dress I would pair with a chunky knit cardigan, leggings and boots. 

Ok so this dress isn't for everyone, but I frigging love it, I love sugar skulls and this would not be a Halloween dress for me, it would be worn often and loved so very much. I love the Hell Bunny range, I am a huge fan of the 1950's fashion. This is such s fun dress. 


Yours Clothing has a really good selection of jumpers at the moment, these are my favourites.
I really like the cut shoulder jumpers, there is a good variety of them on the site but this style I really like. 

More stars, love this knitted hoodie, and the star pattern is an added bonus.

Textured jumper, I really like the zips on this.
Never thought I'd wear embroidered jeans again, and yet here is another pair  I am so in love with these.

My little pony nightie, and wonder woman pjs, why do I need these so much? it brings back so many happy memories and brings out my inner child. When else can you be a kid than with might wear eh? I love Child like night wear, it's fun, life gets so serious and stressful so why shouldn't we own pjs and nighties that release our inner child. Now can they please bring out a carebear onesie and I will be a very happy adult (ha)


River Island.

I have recently found out that River Island do a plus size range, how long have they been doing plus size clothing? I am loving it too, so many lovely items for autumn, here are my favourites.

Love the colours on this. 
Link to black sheer duster jacket

Another chunky knit, I really like the larger effect on th

Love love love this parka coat.

Link to black fur collar parka

Check is big this autumn and this belted coat would be a perfect statement item. I love it. 

Link to check belted coat

I am obsessed with these and keep looking at them, I don't usually like metallics but these are lush.
Link to bronze block heel boots

I am loving this colour at the moment, and I really like the arms on this. 
 Link to slashed sleeve jumper

Well that is it for my wishlist, let me know if you liked any of the items I've posted, and if you own anything from my wishlist, I would love to see you wearing it, if you are up for showing me your plus size style please tag me on Instagram @janslittlelife, I would love to see.

Thank you so much for reading

Much love

Jx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober #4

Giving birth to a huge baby. Day 4 of  Blogtober I thought in today's post I would write about the birth of my youngest child (now 10 years old) Isabella, she was a hefty weight, not at all your average baby weight, although I have heard of much bigger babies being born (my eyes sting at that thought) so here is my story of how my beautiful little girl entered the world. Before I begin, I would like to say that I kept telling midwives I was carrying an elephant inside me, they would say she is only going to be about 1 lb bigger than my older two children's birth weights (8lb 6oz & 8lb 7oz) I had SPD (where the ligaments over stretch in the pelvis, causing a lot of pain) I was depressed as I could hardly do anything, the pain was immense, I used to cry whenever I needed to get up out of my bed to go to the loo, (which was often, babies like using our bladder as a trampoline) I would literally crawl to the bathroom, the midwives just said they couldn't

Blogtober fail!

I failed! I am so very sorry, I have completely failed at blogtober, I was so determined to do it, but so not prepared, I had technology issues and Wi-Fi (changed provider) being down, and thinking I can easily write a post each day, add in a college course and a family & home to take care of, I failed, and I am so very sorry to all of you for that, next year I shall be prepared, I shall be organised as I have learned so much from other bloggers and from myself so next time I shall have most of it written and ready to go, instead of writing on the day. Makes sense really doesn't it? I haven't been blogging long and it really shows with this, although this is how you learn to do things, from mistakes and advice. I just want to say a big thank you for your kind messages checking if I am ok, for your patience and understanding over me not uploading new blogtober posts, big thank you for reading my previous posts and I will be posting more posts just not daily at t

Blogtober #5

Harvest festival. Today I was inspired to write this post, as tomorrow Isabella's (Daughter) school is having a harvest festival assembly, so I was inspired to talk to you about food banks. Food banks are so essential for so many people, more than you could imagine have to use them, people who you would assume would have a good wage coming in from their jobs like Nurses for instance, so many Nurses are struggling to make ends meet, it is so heartbreaking that such kind, caring and selfless people like Nurses are struggling as much as they do, also hard working families who are working so much to the point of exhaustion, yet sadly struggle to get by once bills are paid, parents going hungry to make sure their children get a meal, its a desperate time for a lot of people, and not just around harvest festival and Christmas time, this is every day of every week. This is where you, me and anyone else out there can help, there are so many food bank collections out ther